VP of Sales
We are seeking an exceptional VP of Sales to own global sales, revenue growth, and profitability. You will develop effective channel strategies and supporting execution plans, build impactful and lasting partnerships (e.g., wholesaler, distributor or chain), develop the markets and enhance our brand. You will develop, guide, and maintain strong channel and account-specific business relationships with major chain, venue, retail and export customers throughout the U.S. and abroad. You will produce proactive action plans and metrics that increase brand awareness and distribution in all existing markets while focusing on expanding markets served and creating efficiencies for the organization. You will participate in and drive a significant industry presence representing Stone leadership in the markets.
Reporting to COO, you must not only be passionate about our craft but for execution as well. You will have cross-functional experience, be a seasoned operator, influencer, and collaborator with a focus on sales, sales program, campaigns, and sales operations.
Must have a passion for sales, be a craft beer fan, take pride in driving growth, and help our customers be successful.
- Working collaboratively across the organization, develop and drive the company’s sales strategy, programs, plans and execution. Provide day to day leadership to national, chain, export and local Stone Distributing Co. sales teams.
- Develop and manage the company’s sales pipelines, funnel, forecast and directly impact deal closure and key account wins. Develop strategies, plans and performance measures to increase account prospecting, penetration rate, share of wallet in existing accounts and customer satisfaction.
- Develop global, national, regional, chain, local and venue specific account strategies in accordance with overall channel strategies. Develop supporting goals and business plans across the channels and teams. Develop and employ programs to elevate performance, reporting, stand-alone sales capability and effectiveness.
- Develop systemic processes to ensure plan execution and facilitation throughout the channels and distribution networks. Actively report on progress, rigorously remove sales barriers and directly drive and enlist the support of others to delight customers and close deals.
- Be the company expert for industry, account and macro trends, tailwinds, headwinds and competitive positioning and maneuvers impacting business.
- Collaborate on and own development and communication of pricing strategy/programs, support and other sales operations programs such as CRM to ensure sales growth, operational and compensation efficiency, account retention and institutional knowledge.
- Establish cadence with Sales teams and management to ensure team development, growth, performance, awareness and transparency to progress, inhibitors and successes. In addition, identify opportunities to optimize revenue generation and margin enhancement.
- Develop, own and deploy training to ensure efficacy in product and positional knowledge, company policy and procedure, trends, initiatives and other sales operations programs as necessary to drive team development, satisfaction and performance.
- Work closely with marketing and other internal organizations to optimize impact, promotion and awareness.
- Engage across the industry to maintain and enhance Stone’s presence, brand and influence.
Required Skills, Experience & Education
- 15-20 years sales and sales operations leadership experience. MBA and Bachelor’s degree is preferred or relevant combination of education and experience. Retail, national or chain experience preferred and a strong differentiator.
- Demonstrated network connections in the domain and relationships with players serving it a strong preference.
- Demonstrated results managing complex sales, sales programs, and portfolios of initiatives through excellent influence skills. Demonstrated ability and proven track record in driving process, efficiency, and growth improvements/results.
- An effective manager with strong execution skills that is entrepreneurial, astute, and has a passion for getting into the details where appropriate to make effective decisions and drive results.
- A flexible and agile person that recognizes what and when ‘good enough’ is and is willing to draw line in the sand to get started with and improve upon. Able to quickly assess without complete information and drive forward progress under ambiguous circumstances.
- Big picture thinker, strategic, but able to distill functions and business interactions into tactical/detailed process and workflows in order to drive improvements and efficiency gains. Effective demonstration of analytical skills, change management, and financial acumen.
- An effective and persuasive communicator with outstanding presence, presentation and negotiation skills that constantly strives for simplicity and clarity.
- Strong leadership, team member, and staff/team development and motivation skills.
- Proficiency with CRM, ERP, forecasting and Microsoft office tools.
- Able to travel as needed, including over weekends, where necessary to drive sales.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity and you meet our requirements, we want to hear from you. Forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check are required.